Skull For Fun And Profit using tinfoil and our outdoor sculpting medium Pal Tiya Premium (PTP) for this year's Halloween project!
Skull For Fun And Profit is a fun and inexpensive way to make realistic sculptures for your garden.
We used just under 2lbs of product to make this!
Today we’ll show you step by step how to make your tinfoil armature - cranium, eye sockets, jaws, teeth and cheeks.
Then how to apply your Pal Tiya Premium clay to the armature and how to paint it.
The Pal Tiya Crew
Purchase Pal Tiya Premium:
UK🇬🇧- currently SOLD OUT but you can purchase from our stockist https://theshireworkshops.co.uk/shop-paltiya/
AUS & NZ🇦🇺🇳🇿
Music "Waterfall"by Aakash Gandhi YouTube Audio Library
Inspired by the stunning New Zealand Landscape after a recent relaxing break on the South Island, our Creative Director Kim Beaton came back curious as to how she could replicate what she saw using a very small amount of Pal Tiya Premium (PTP) Outdoor Sculpting medium.
This is useful if you have some leftover from a larger project and you aren't sure what to do with it!
1. Begin with a nice rock for your Tiny Landscape and small quantity of PTP tinted 5% with Green oxide. We can bump up the oxide content to 5% on this particular project as nobody will be standing on our tiny rock landscape. Wet the rock slightly so the PTP will adhere.
Note: If you are putting oxides into your Pal Tiya Premium powder before mixing then only mix in 2%, any more will affect the strength of our sculpting medium.
2. Apply Pal Tiya Premium 3 mm (1/8 inch) thick where grass might grow on the top of the rock. Mix a small quantity of yellow oxide to create a lighter green.
3. Daub the lighter green onto the high areas
4. Using a small dental tool, blend the two colors together.
5. Using a brush, stipple a fine grass like texture.
6. Wet several small sharp rocks and place them upright like Stonehenge.
7. Burn the fibers.
8. Use the remaining green Pal Tiya Premium as a base and hot glue a foil support to the base and rock while it cures so it won’t tip over.
9. Press in tiny stairs and paths to show habitation
10. Wrap in plastic overnight to cure. The following day add wet towels, recover in plastic and cure for a minimum of 5 days. 28 days is the strongest possible cure for the greatest strength.
The Pal Tiya Crew
Creators of Pal Tiya Premium: Add water. Knead like dough. Sculpt. Place in your garden. Cures permanently stone hard. No firing. No Molds. No Kidding.